Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What a year and my thanks to the Haller Family!

I am delighted to say that I have yet another art award to add to an already incredible year of wins!  I just received the notice that I have been selected as the winner of The Haller Distinguished Young Artist Award presented through the Society of Animal Artists.  It is an award specifically for artists under the age of 40 that do not make a full time living at their art.  My deepest gratitude to the Haller family for their ongoing support of emerging artists through this award!

My rundown of awards for this year:
- Best In Show; Celebration Of Art; Parker, CO
- Best In Show Booth; Art In The Park; Parker, CO
- Award of Excellence; Society of Animal Artists “Art And the Animal“; Salina, KS
- Cover Image for the 2009 SAA “Art and the Animal” collectable exhibition catalog
- Haller Distinguished Young Artist Award; Society of Animal Artists
- Commissioners Purchase Award; Greeley Stampede Invitational Western Art Show; Greeley, CO
- People’s Choice Exhibitor Award; Greeley Stampede Invitational Western Art Show; Greeley, CO
- 21 Under 31 Award Winner; Southwest Art Magazine Annual Competition; Published Sept. 2009
- Juror’s Award - Jeff Legg; Lines Into Shapes; Estes Park, CO
- Len Taylor Memorial Award; Lines Into Shapes; Estes Park, CO
- 1st Place Other Media; Art Show at the Dog Show; Wichita, Kansas
- 3rd Place Wildlife/Animal Category; The Artist Magazine Annual Competition; Published Dec. 2009
- Finalist Wildlife/Animal Category (2nd entry); The Artist Magazine Annual Competition

Furthermore I had work juried into Woodson Art Museum's "Birds in Art" on my first try and was invited to participate in the Colorado Gold Show.   There was only ONE show this year (of those that give awards) that I did not win an award in.  I think you could say... it has been a GOOD YEAR!

No comments: