Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More on the brothers- almost done!

I am very close to calling this piece done, but a few little things are still bothering me.  I am at this time going to wait to give it the final fixative spray and put it away for a few weeks so that next time I look at it, it will be with fresh eyes.  It can be helpful to put works out of sight if you have been working on it for many hours as our mind gets into a state of being so wrapped up on the little things that it can no longer see the whole picture.  Sometimes after some time has passed either the solution to the problems will come to you or you will be able to look as the piece as a whole rather than parts.  I made the decision to add a 2nd more prominent tree on the left to counterbalance the central one. 




No comments: