Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mini Macaw

I started a small 5"x7" macaw piece a few weeks ago that I scratched to black and white and then saved the coloring phase for my workshop that was held on Nov. 7.  I started the color in the workshop and am close to finishing it now.  I may add a bit of simple background to the piece, but have not decided for sure yet.  Fortunately an art and photography friend wants to purchase the piece, so it is tentatively sold (thanks Rita!)  Since this work was sold outside of a gallery, 10% of the proceeds from the sale will be given to an appropriate charitable cause.  In this case the funds will be going to Colorado Parrot Rescue.

black and white before color is added - showing as about 150% actual size

.












The piece after color is added (colors not quite right) - showing as full size

No comments: