Monday, November 16, 2009

First Posting


Welcome to the blog for Cathy Sheeter and Aphelion Art and Photography. I will try to post to it at a minimum of weekly with both photos and my artwork, tips and tricks, and the occasional posting of my Belgian Sheepdogs.

I started a new scratchboard a few says ago of two wolves called "Brotherhood". The size is 18"x24" on ampersand scratchbord. At this time I am planning on leaving it black and white. Here is where I am at on the first wolf.

Scratchboard is my primary art medium. For those not familiar with the medium it is a form of direct engraving where a layer of black ink is scratched away to expose a white clay layer below. By scratching more or less lines, thicker and thinner lines different textures and values are achieved.

Check back soon for more updates!

No comments: