Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spotted

Here is the piece that I mentioned in my last post that I said I would post when it was done.  I started it on my trip to Michigan and finished coloring it today.  It is from one of my photos (as usual).  Size is 14"x11" and I am pretty pleased with how it came out.  I will probably do a little more tweaking over the next few days, but it is pretty much done as it sits here.

Here is the black and white version.  I knew I was going to color it so the whiskers had to be added after the color was put in to make them more pristine white and not risk getting colored ink on them.  The lack of whiskers definitely made his jaw look funny.























And here it is after coloring and with whiskers!

"Spotted" - 14"x11" - Original Available




















As always, I love hearing your comments nad feedback!

1 comment:

David Cates said...

Your artwork is absolutely aw inspiring! Your obvious dedication to your pieces is stunning! Great work!
David