Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Unexpected Show

Well my frame shop is loving me, so much that they asked me if I wanted to show there through August.  I jumped at the chance and enjoyed good crowds and lots of conversation last Friday, for the first Friday art walk in the Santa Fe Art District in downtown Denver.  I forgot to take my camera and was busy chatting (last people didn't leave until 11 PM), but the frame shop took some pictures.  You can check them out at Furthur Frames Gallery on facebook.  One of the most fun things is listening to people talk about your work when they don't know you are the artist.  I heard at least one person say that each of the about 13 pieces I had there was their favorite!  Thanks Corey and Al for all your help and allowing me to show!  Most of the show will be up through August 26th.

The approaching Society of Animal Artists 50th Anniversary show is right around the corner (Sept 1-5) and I am getting very excited.  I finally bought my plane ticket and "The Interrupted Drink" should be in San Diego by Thursday!  I also set my reservations to go to Cody, WY at the end of Sept for the Rendezvous Royale.  While up there I will travel through Yellowstone and the Tetons and enjoy my birthday in one of my very favorite places in the world!!  I will be trying to go visit the Pryor Mountain wild horses as well- but only so many days to play before I have to come back home to work.

In other news and events... mark your calendar for my one art fair of the year!  I will have prints, calendars, magnets, bookmarks, originals and more at Art In the Park in O'Brien Park in Parker, Colorado August 28 and 29th.  Please stop by and say hi!

No comments: