Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a fun, safe and enjoyable new years!  Hard to believe we are sliding not only into a new year, but also a new decade!

I am very excited that I will be dropping down to part time at what has been my day job for the past six years as a dog groomer.  I will be working there only three days a week and doing art on the other days!  I had hoped to make this transition last year, but the state of the economy scared me into one more year of full time work, but I was fortunate that 2009 was my best year to date and I hope 2010 will continue my climb!  Nothing like trying to emerge as an artist when few people are buying art... LOL!  But I am really excited to have more free time to work on art as well as do marketing, travel to shows, etc. 

Some of my opening events for 2010 that I am planning on attending if at all possible are Adams State College Scratchboard Show In January (Colorado),  Bennington's "Art of the Animal Kingdom" in June (Vermont), Greeley Stampede Invitational Western Art Show in June (Colorado), Society of Animal Arts 50th Anniversary "Art and the Animal" in September (California); Birds In Art (Wisconsin).  I hope I will get to see and meet some of you there!

And this photo has nothing to do with anything, but was one of my favorite photos I took in 2009 of two wild fox kits at about 6 or 7 weeks old.


No comments: