Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Tassels"

An 8"x10" board that I worked on this week.  The tassels are put on the bridle as decoration and are often seen on bridles that were historically used as decorative attire for the horse for fancy events.  They may go back historically as a form of fly preventative to keep insects out of the horses eyes, but I could be wrong about that too :)  This quarter horse I photographed at a junior rodeo and I thought the tassels and fancy bling buckle made it visually interesting.  The original is available for sale.  e-mail me at cathy@aphelionart.com if you are interested in more information about it.
"Tassels" - 8"x10" - Scratchbaord Art

2 comments:

Bev said...

Hi Kathy, you have been awarded the Versatile Bloggers Award.

Merry Christmas

Andrew said...

Hey I have just started a scratch board piece, I have never done one before and I'm not even sure how to do it,is there any way you could do do you know of any way I could learn it? Love the horse!