Sunday, August 15, 2010

Art fairing it :)

Art fairs are a pretty new thing for me.  I did my first one last year, a large outdoor show, and then one smaller one this spring.  They are also a fickle beast I have found just in the two I have done.  The first one was outdoors, nice weather and quite well attended.  The small one was indoors and poorly attended.  My sales reflected this.

Anyways the big outdoor one I am doing again and it is August 28-29 in Parker, CO at O'Brien Park.  If you live in the area please stop by!  Last year I mostly just had prints for sale (plus original work) and did quite well, but this year I am expanding my inventory and will have more variety of things carrying my art as well... this year will include calendars, bookmarks, magnets, mugs, prints and more!  I have been having quite a bit of fun making all of these things and hope it will be time well spent :) 

Here is a picture of just a FEW of the bookmarks.  I think they came out looking pretty good overall.  I should have everything else done by next week and will post a few more pictures.  After the art fair I may post some of the left over inventory on my website and etsy too.


2 comments:

Eva María said...

Beautiful!
Do you sell? I want one! I am the girl you wrote to facebook, I have asked the U.S. materials, I hope I do not charge much for shipping: P
I'll teach as are the drawings.
a kiss!

Jo Castillo said...

I wish we could run up there from Angel Fire, NM. Who knows, we will be in Alamosa that week, but it is a bit far over the mountains. Sigh... Good luck, I love the bookmarks.