Last weekend was my first art fair of the season. Unfortunately attendance was quite low and sales were low as well. I did get to educate more people about scratchboard and still enjoyed the time I spent there. I found some time to work on my spinning grey horse and made friends with my neighboring booths (a photographer and a glass worker).
Here is where the horse ended the weekend
And last week I started to color Charlie, the big mountain lion. Putting that first bit of color on it was difficult as I have spent MANY hours on the board already and color is something that doesn't always go the way that I want it to. Anyways I have already spent another 8 + hours laying in ink, rescratching, putting in more ink, more rescratching... and it is getting closer to me ding pleased with the color version of it. I am finding it quite difficult to get a decent photo of it as it has many layers of ink now and some show through as quite shiny and reflective giving quite a glare.... so excuse the poor photos, but here is the progression of color work on it so far. Still many hours to go.
First layers of ink with minimal rescratching at this point