Monday, May 16, 2011

Woman Artists Of the West Show Opens

I mentioned in an earlier blog post that I had three works selected for the Women Artists of the West annual show in Rockport, TX.  I was not able to attend the show opening, which was last weekend.  WAOW is an all women artist organization with juried membership and juried annual show.  I was delighted to have all three works selected for the show, but am even more excited that two out of the three won awards! 


Publisher's Southwest Art Magazine
Award of Excellence full‐page ad - "Yielding"

This is the second time that Southwest Art has recognised my scratchboard work (the first being in 2009 as I was selected as one of their "21 under 31" winners)


and

Honorable Mention Gamblin
Accents on the Figure System - "Rustle in the Brush"


You can view the show catalog and results at: http://www.waow.org/RockportTexas-show/SLideshow-new/index.html

No comments: