Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pinto 'Stang update

My allergies have really been kicking my butt for more than the past month and I am so 'done with them'.  None of the regular drugs seem to be having much impact, so I feel congested, headaches and tired all the time right now, which is very irritating.  They started later than usual into the summer and seem to be sticking around a lot longer than usual for me too.  What a drag!!

Anyways, I did make some good progress on the mustang girl this afternoon.  I keep calling her a pony, but it came from the fact that I thought I might make her an indian 'pony' with feathers and war paint and such, which I will do eventually a board or two on, but decided not to on this piece.  In reality she is not a pony at all, but a horse.  Oh well whaterever you call her... here is the update.  I decided I didn't care for her markings with almost all white body and dark head.  It was confusing to the eye and thus I added a pinto marking on her side back into the image.  I still have some work to do on her face, but am getting pretty close to calling her done.  I am open to title suggestions too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous. I love how you've done the mane and all of it's 'stray' hairs!

Gary Keimig said...

great work on this one Cathy. Sorry about your alergies. My mother has a time with them and I feel so sorry for her. It can certainly ruin a summer.

Jo Castillo said...

Spectacular! You are amazing. With the comment from sandrawillard, how about Painted Stray or Stray Paint? I love this painting/drawing.